Mr. Surendra Srivastava
Born in 1958 in Delhi, Surendra Srivastava is the son of an army soldier. Brought up in a culture of patriotism, his first participation in political affairs was at the age of 16 when he participated in the anti-emergency movement of Loknayak Jayaprakash Narayan. Like many hard working Indians, Surendra too started early (at the age of 17) from humble backgrounds as an office boy. He worked his way through the ranks to become the President in 1999 of the Great Eastern Shipping Company Limited; India’s largest private sector publically listed shipping company.
He graduated in Commerce (1979, University of Mumbai) and in Law (1984, University of Mumbai). He resigned as a President of the Great Eastern Shipping Company Limited in 2005 to dedicate himself to the mission and objectives of Loksatta and to bring the best and the brightest back into politics.
He founded the Maharashtra Chapter of Loksatta Aandolan in 2004 and launched the Loksatta Party in Maharashtra in 2009. He is currently the National President of Loksatta Party.
Surendra is married to Ruchira Srivastava since 1987. The couple has a daughter who is currently studying at University of Purdue. Ruchira, a double post graduate, currently manages the Membership/Volunteer Management of Mumbai Unit of Loksatta.
Association with Loksatta
Loksatta Aandolan (or Lok Satta Movement)
- Joined Loksatta Aandolan as a volunteer in 2001
- Founded Maharashtra Chapter of Loksatta Aandolan in 2004
- In charge of all State Chapters except Andhra Pradesh – Since 2006
- Launched Loksatta Party in Maharashtra – 2009
- President of Loksatta Party, Maharashtra 2009
- Was appointed as the National General Secretary of Loksatta Party on October 9th 2011 at Ongole, Andhra Pradesh during the 5th Anniversary Celebrations of Loksatta.
- National President of Loksatta Party - Current
Date of Birth: 18th Aug, 1958
Education: Graduate in Commerce & Law