Loksatta Founder President Dr Jayaprakash Narayan, National President Surendra Srivastava and National General Secretary Ms Hyma Potineni addressed the media today regarding party organizational matters and recent developments.
We believe that governance should revolve around You - the citizen. We believe that you should receive government services without having to pay a bribe. We believe that you are entitled to know where your tax money is going. We believe that you should be recognized for your hard work, not your family name. We believe in promoting entrepreneurship, not in promoting caste divisions. We believe in great ideas and using technology to solve our problems; not in free TVs and grinders. We believe in providing equal opportunities to realize the unfulfilled potential of our people.
Lok Satta Party is the only political party in India to bring so many reforms concerning various social issues - ranging from agriculture to voter registration - without even having a single member in the parliament.
Here are a few of the many achievements:
- Citizen friendly voter registration through Post Offices and Internet
- Cancellation of 122 illegal 2G spectrum licenses through Supreme Court
- Drafted Right To Information act
- Farmers Satyagraha - made AP govt repeal its ban on exporting rice to other states
- Decriminalization of politics - mandated candidates to declare their assets & criminal history
- Restriction of jumbo cabinets
- Strengthening co-operative societies
- Enabled e-filing of income tax returns
Why wait? Be a part of the revolution !