Justice for All
Our legal system has become ponderous, excruciatingly slow and inefficient. Political interference has become a major obstacle in the effective functioning of police. Delays have become a defining feature of our judicial system. Lok Satta Government will bring about systemic reforms in policing and judiciary to ensure equal justice for all.
39. Police for Public Service
- Lok Satta government will guarantee that all crime investigation is made independent of unwarranted political interference.
- Comprehensive reform of crime investigation and law and order divisions of Police Department.
- FIR will be filed for all the complaints received in the police station.
- Mandatory video recording of police interrogation.
- "Orderly System" will be abolished.
- Police recruitment will start at Sub-Inspector (SI) level. Respect, dignity and opportunities for all police personnel.
- "District Forensic Lab" in all districts to speed up criminal investigation.
40. Speedy and Accessible Justice
- Lok Satta Government will establish local courts in every mandal to guarantee justice within 90 days. These local courts will be an integral part of the existing judicial system, and will dispense justice in the local language.
- Cases that call for an imprisonment for less than a year, and civil disputes involving upto Rs.1,00,000 will be taken up by these local courts.
- Depending on the situation, collection of evidence and investigation will be carried out at the site of dispute.
- Lok Satta government will establish an independent institution of 'Special Prosecutor' headed by a judge in every district.
- Depending on the local requirements additional criminal and civil courts will be established to expedite the prosecution of various cases.
- The functional and territorial jurisdiction of local courts and local police will be the same to ensure justice delivery.