70 percent of our population lives in villages, and many of these citizens do not have access to basic amenities, such as clean drinking water. Absence of basic infrastructure and minimal delivery of services have made living conditions miserable. To compound this misery, corruption, nepotism, and favoritism are preventing common people from reaping the benefits of various government programmes. Lok Satta government will take concrete steps and measures to create basic amenities and proper living conditions for all.
5. Funds for Villages
- Lok Satta government will guarantee funding of Rs 1000 per-capita per year for developmental activities to every Panchayat (this is in addition to existing funding).
- For a population of 1000, a panchayat will receive Rs. 10 lakhs in additional funding.
- A panchayat with 10,000 population will receive Rs. 1 crore in additional funding.
- These funds will build capacities of local governments to fundamentally improve the living conditions in villages.
6. Safe Drinking Water for Every Village
- Lok Satta government guarantees establishment of water treatment plants in all villages to ensure clean and protected water supply.
- All treatment plants will be equipped with filtration and disinfecting equipment.
- Periodic water testing to ensure quality of water supply.
- Panchayats will be equipped with necessary funds and management powers to ensure quality water supply. Stringent action will be taken against panchayats if they fail to perform this important function. If situation demands panchayats will be dissolved.
7. 'Jala Raksha' - Combating the Menace of Contaminated Water
- Reverse-Osmosis and De-Mineralization plants will be established in all villages that are suffering from high fluoride and excessive salt content in water.
- Local youth/village youth will manage these plants under the supervision of panchayats.
- Even remote villages will have high quality water supply to ensure healthy living.
8. 24 hour power to every village
- Lok Satta government will guarantee continuous, uninterrupted 24 hour power supply to all villages.
- Agricultural power transformers will be separated and quality power supply without voltage fluctuations will be ensured.
- Farmers will be compensated if pump-sets burn out due to voltage fluctuations.
- Local governments will be empowered to mange local power distribution.
9. No more Public Defecation
- Lok Satta government will guarantee a toilet with a septic tank to every house.
- Health and dignity for women, children and the elderly.
- Ban on public defecation.
- Gram Panchayat will be empowered to construct toilets with public funds and enforce ban on public defecation.
- Stringent action will taken against panchayats, including dissolution of panchayat, if they fail to perform this important function.
10. Villages Connected by Roads
- Lok Satta government will guarantee high quality all weather roads connecting villages to nearby towns.
- Panchayats will maintain the roads and necessary funds will be devolved.
11. Bus Service to Every Village
- Bus services to every village will be operationalised by Lok Satta government.
- A minimum of four trips per day. More trips based on local requirements.
- Free travel for students and patients visiting hospitals.
- Transport facilities for agricultural produce.
- To ensure transportation services to villages, the corporation will receive necessary subsidies