The Lok Satta is not opposed to the formation of a separate Telangana State but it believes that a solution to its problems lies in total decentralization of power and resources through formation of district governments.
The Lok Satta Party’s Election Campaign Committee members told the media that a separate State could always be carved out if the people wished it, by following the procedure prescribed in the Constitution. When more than 80 countries in the world are less in area than a district in Andhra Pradesh, formation of a Telangana State is not a big deal.
The Campaign Committee comprises Prof. Kodandarama Rao, Mr. Bodepudi Satyanarayana, Mr. K. Dharma Reddy, Mr. Dommata Venkateswarlu, Mr. Juluri Satyanarayana and Mrs. Gita Murthy.
The members said their agenda for Telangana includes:
- Constitution of a tribunal to allocate river waters equitably to all districts
- Formation of 400 new towns to spur commercial and industrial development
- Provision of road and bus facilities to every village
- 24-hour power supply to every village
- Provision of quality power to the farm sector and Government compensation for motors damaged by voltage fluctuations
- Protected drinking water supply to every village
- Employment opportunities to a million youth
- Uplift of 10 million people above the poverty line
- Closure of belt shops and gudumba outlets and restriction on liquor consumption