The following threshold will be applicable for establishing each new unit and to conduct unit level elections.
- Booth level unit shall be established when there are at least 2 members who are a registered voters in that booth
- Polling station/village unit shall be established when there are 50% booth units
- Mandal/Tehsil/Taluka/Ward/Division unit shall be established when there are 50% polling stations units
- District/Assembly Constituency/MC City unit shall be established when there are at least 2 Mandal/Tehsil/Taluka/Ward/Division units in that district/constituency/MC City.
- State unit shall be established when there are at least 2 district/MC city units in that state
Each Unit is setup only when it also establishes a corpus by way of Bank Fixed deposit from which its regular operational expenses can be met.
- NSC to adopt suitable criteria to conduct elections at a unit, along with the above threshold for membership and corpus including additional criteria as may be prescribed to ensure that all the members are sufficiently trained and eligible to cast an informed vote.
- Until a formal unit is established, it shall be run by a team headed by a convener and appointed by the respective president/convener at the next higher level after getting approval from the President/Convener of the next higher level OR the National President as the case may be.